Sunday, October 21, 2007

Car Horns and SWAT Teams

What is it with car horns sounding so gay these days? Almost like The Roadrunner or the horn-bell on my tricycle forty years ago. Isn't the purpose for a car horn a safety thing, like, "Get the hell out of my way in three seconds or you're hamburger meat, I mean it!" I know that they're not for summonsing somebody out of a building, although that law doesn't apply to me when my GF is in the fabric store.

What if a SWAT team dude had as gay a voice as a modern day car horn, like that one lady's, the one I cut off yesterday afternoon? He'd sound like this: "Oh, you big, naughty boy, you better come out of there, or else! Don't make me now. I'm gonna... heh heh... come get you! I'm not going to... hmm hmm... tell you again. Don't make me now.

Speaking of SWAT teams. Why is it that, nine times out of ten, these guys, when depicted on reality TV programs crashing into a place, find nobody inside except a dog or a parakeet? After all that trouble, too. After all, each one of these dudes is wearing 150 pounds of bullet-proof garb, and add to that their weapons, ammo, helmet, face shield, mace, and radios, and you literally have a small army. Twelve guys, all in one -- or maybe two or three -- black-colored, ominous-looking panel trucks, tearing up the street, screeching around the corner and landing on this poor schmuck's lawn, only to find out later from a neighbor that the suspect is at his sister's place. Some better planning would prevent these embarrassing situations. I'm just sayin...

No comments: