Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Specialized License Plates

Where I live there are various styles of license plates commemorating one thing or another. We have the regular one, the statehood anniversary one, the U.S. Veteran's one, and the one for the physically handicapped. OK, that's fine. But what I'd like to see is one for the mentally retarded. Like bicyclists in the winter time (idiots), it could have a blinking red light on it so you can spot it from a reasonably safe distance and therefore avert any disaster, physical or verbal. No, wait, that's a bad idea. Nobody here would qualify for any BUT the retarded one, and the 14 million blinking lights would create far too great a dangerous distraction for the few good drivers we have. Never mind.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a good idea while it lasted, IBtW. I know the feeling myself.

Anonymous said...

I think we need plates with middle fingers on them. It sure would save me a lot of hassle.

Dan O. said...

I'm with PP on this one. I think I'm getting carpal tunnel in my middle finger.

Anonymous said...

I would have the Asian one so people would stop thinking no one was driving the car. We can't help that we're so short.