Thursday, January 17, 2008

Restaurant Assassinations

I was watching The Sopranos, Season 6, "Stage 5" when there was a restaurant scene in which one goon at the table, sitting right next to Paulie Walnuts, was assassinated by a lone gunman. He walked in, blew the guy away, and walked out. Great scene, effects, blood splatter, all that. I note, however, that the restaurant emptied itself moments thereafter. My question: Do the people who were eating moments earlier still owe for their food/drinks? I wonder if, during the Mob Hey Days of Chicago, New York, etc., restaurants had some sort of notice posted on the wall:

Notice: Assignations do not relinquish obligations to pay for your meal. Please sign-in with your name, telephone number, and address so, in case somebody gets shot and you run out, we can track you down and get paid for whatever you ordered. Thank you. The Management, see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could have sworn I left a comment here. What happened?

Call me Maniac said...

Nope, don't think so, unless Blogger screwed things up.