Sunday, December 30, 2007

I am the new owner of an...


...aquarium! Yes, by golly, we have a new fish tank, thanks to a friend who noticed how me and my GF were admiring his and his GF's so much. Ours (above) is a 28-gallon model, and our friend gave us 10 gallons of his well-established aquarium water along with an old bio filter.

Over the last several days, we've started a colony: We started with six guppies, then a few days later added two hockey-stick tetras and two black phantom tetras. Just today, we inserted seven (!) tiger barbs. Ah, you say, the barbs are semi-aggressive while the others are less so, but since they are in a small school, the violence level shouldn't be that ugly. Interestingly, over the last two hours, one baby guppie has been eaten, but not by a barb, by a stressed out hockey stick.

Along with that, I got a decent pair of pajamas, a bottle of Blue Label Johnny Walker (!), and an iPod Touch (16G).

What loot did you get?

5 comments:

Call me Maniac said...

...and I plan on commenting on my new colony of inhabitants, maybe to make comparisons to humans who drive or some weird shit like that. My mind is swimming in ideas already.

Anonymous said...

I love fishies! We had a saltwater tank going but had to get rid of them because we are doing some serious remodeling.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well it's all very well for someone to give you an aquarium, but who's gonna pay for the water?

Ay? I ask ya.

Anonymous said...

Nice loot, IBtW. I'd love to own and maintain an aquarium, but I don't have the patience.

Good luck with yours! I'm happy for you.

Hey, how's the iTouch?

Call me Maniac said...

I love my iTouch! It is awesome. Learning curve: 2 minutes. Interface: The Best I've seen. Just a really nice package if you like to listen to music where ever you go. Also nice for toting pics around. Now, I only wish it was an iPhone!