Friday, November 30, 2007

Women. Again.

Let me get this straight. If men are mostly into visuals ("Great legs!") and women are more into their feelings, then why is it that when my GF and her friends get together spontaneously at a bar we like to go to from time to time (I enjoy my martinis), she can turn away from me completely and cackle with them like a flock of geese and completely ignore me and my martini? You can venture an educated guess at what would happen if I did that to her. Anyway, this happened last night. While I enjoyed a peek or two of her cute friends (over her shoulder) (visuals, you see) I enjoyed my martini and paid attention to the three-piece jazz band playing. (Incidentally, Shadow of Your Smile is a great tune and it keyed in well to my feelings at the time!)

I should speak only for myself here, but sometimes I feel that, while a man's heart can lay mostly hidden or buried, it is still a fragile thing, but women want it to be a strong thing. A woman's, on the other hand, seems to be in your face and is much stronger than a man's heart, but we want it to be a softer thing. I don't get it. Or maybe I do.

Women.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Astute observation on men and women.

You get old enough and realize with women, it's all about sex. With us men, ultimately, it's all about feelings.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting post Maniac. Are you becoming gay on us? ;)

Anonymous said...

After reading that post I don't know if I want to hug you or kick you. Men!

Dan O. said...

Feelings? You obviously hadn't had enough (or too many?)Martini's.

Anonymous said...

Spot on. My wife now would never do that, but I've had GFs before who did this exact same thing. Fucking bitches, I think it's because they are either just inconsiderate, or deliberately showing how cool they are to their friends by acting 'cold' toward you. Or maybe they are insecure about what their friends think. Or maybe both, or maybe I just don't fucking understand them. Anyway, the last one who did that, I left the next day.
Or they talk about ex boyfriends or sexual situations in a way to show how they are so tough, but are really demonstrating a lack of care for you. Maybe they are still learning how to be nice to people.