Sunday, October 28, 2007

Finding Money

I found a $20 bill on the ground the other day when I was walking. Nice! The last time I found money (more than a dime or penny) must've been years ago. But I can't help thinking what my response would've been had a panhandler approached me soon after. "Hey, got any spare change, buddy?" Would I've felt like a prick for not donating at least a portion of my good fortune? What if I didn't have any other cash/change one me? Would you've just handed over the twenty? DAMN! It's driving me crazy. I hope it never happens. If I find some money, I just want to be left alone.

4 comments:

Dan O. said...

Just ask the panhandler if he has change for $20.

You found it it. That makes it yours, right? Would you normally give a bum $20 of your money?

Yea, didn't think so.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya...I might feel guilty too.

Solution: Go spend found money immediately and with wild abandon, before anyone can ask you for it.

Stepping Over the Junk said...

I found $250 on the beach in the winter a few years ago. I kept it. I figured, if I tacked it on the deserted snack shack, someone else would just take it.

Anonymous said...

You found 20 bucks? Sweet.

That's like finding a 750 ml bottle of Jack Daniels in the road.