Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Conspiracy

I am so distressed here. I can't get over this. The other day I attended a small get together with friends. Sometime during the evening, I and the host dude went out to grab pizza. People had to move their cars so he could pull his sporty little thing out of the garage. As somebody was moving her truck, I noticed she had her ultra-bright fog lights on along with her head lights. Zing! Then I watched somebody else back their SUV Zing! from the driveway which took no more than 14 minutes to do because it was dark out and they wanted to be careful. Zing! As me and the dude were pulling away, I noticed him flick on his headlights. They were those really super bright blue lights. Zing! Then, as we were heading for pizza, I noticed he wasn't using his turn signal hardly at all! Zing! All this happening within a 30-minute time period and among people in my own circle.

All those zings in one hour, let alone a day or several days. It's a conspiracy. I know it is. I thought I was having a nightmare.

OK, I'm awake now and I feel better.

5 comments:

Tequila Mockingbird said...

i get those same zings at work when i'm around these incompetant skinny sacks of pigshit, also known as my coworkers. i just take a couple deep breaths and put on the ipod to drowned it out.

Anonymous said...

you're really quite sensitive about this driving thing aren't you? i guess that's you named yer blog the way you did. i gots me some smarts i do.

Anonymous said...

Remind me to never let you ride in the car with me!

Anonymous said...

I don't care about the "zing." I want to hear more about the pizza!

How was it, anyway?

Dan O. said...

Exactly why I prefer not to socialize much anymore. I mostly only leave the house to go to work. I get enough contention there and during the commute to carry me through the rest of the day and night.

The rest of the time is for self entertainment. NO, not that. TV, reading, listening to music. Going out with just my wife on occasion.

Keeping friends to a minimum minimizes the disappointment.

Although we did throw a decent outdoor party back in September with about 30 people. But, that's just one night. With just people of our choosing.

But, how was that pizza?