Sunday, April 29, 2007

Riding the Shopping Cart

I like to ride the shopping cart at Costco. I look out for a long, clear runway in an aisle, run as fast as I can, and hop onto the back of the cart, usually by placing my feet on the bottom support cross-member. Buzzing along for 50 feet or so I find extremely fun and it makes me feel like the kid that I am. Speed. I behave this way while driving the car, too, but who cares if you knock over 40 cases of Pop Tarts.

This probably doesn't come as any surprise to you, me being a regular idiot male, bored out of his wits while his girlfriend does the actual shopping.

But what gets me is that I never see any other guy do this. Why is that? Am I the only one in this mid-sized city who goes with his lady to Costco and does this with the shopping cart? C'mon fellas... have some fun. Jeezuz H. Christ, be a kid.

No comments: